The City’s Planning Department is responsible for Advanced Planning, Current Planning, and Code Enforcement. To meet these responsibilities, we have a City Development Director, an Associate Planner, two Planners and a Code Enforcement Officer. The Planning Department also administers the City’s Shoreline Management Program. The City Development Director manages the SEPA program and is the responsible authority.
Advanced Planning includes the following subjects:
- Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Coordinated planning with Kitsap County and the Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council.
Current Planning includes the following:
- Land Use Reclassification ( Site Specific)
- Conditional Use Permits
- Temporary Use Permits
- Subdivision Applications
- Variance applications
- Short Plat Applications
- Boundary Line Adjustments
Code Enforcement includes enforcement of:
- Zoning Ordinances
- Public Nuisance Ordinances
- Sign code