Position No. 2
Term Expiration 12-31-2021
Should you wish to schedule an appointment with Councilmember Ashby, her office hours are the third Tuesday of each month at City Hall, from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Please contact her at the telephone number and/or email listed above.
A lifelong member of the South Kitsap community, Bek Ashby takes this membership seriously and believes strongly it is important to give back to her community. She balanced career and family responsibilities, working full time and raising two children as a single mother. Bek retired from a 35 year career in community banking as President and CEO of Silverdale State Bank. Her volunteer activities include 12 years on the Port Orchard Planning Commission, 6 years on the Civil Service Commission, two terms on the Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce board, two terms as treasurer for the Port Orchard Bay Street Association and she continues to be an active member of the Port Orchard Bay Street Association and the Port Orchard Chamber of Commerce. Bek truly enjoys being outside and her spare time is filled playing with her grandchildren, golfing local courses, kayaking (she especially likes Yellowstone Lake), fly fishing, walking half marathons, or hiking in the Olympic National Park.
- Finance Committee
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council (KRCC) Executive Committee Member – Vice Chair, 2020
- Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council (KRCC) Executive Board
- Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council (KRCC) PlanPol – Alternate
- Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council (KRCC) Transpol
- Puget Sound Regional Coordinating Council (PSRC) Executive Board – Alternate
- Puget Sound Regional Coordinating Council (PSRC) TransPOL Board – (Pending)
- Peninsula Regional Transportation Planning Organization (PRTPO) – Chair