Due to Governor Inslee's "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order, the Department of Community Development Permit Center are scheduling limited onsite building inspections for projects considered 'essential facilities' or emergency conditions.
The City’s Department of Community Development is responsible for Planning, Building and Code Enforcement. To meet these responsibilities, there is a City Development Director, Associate Planners, a Building Inspector, a Code Enforcement Officer and Administrative staff. The Department also administers the City’s Shoreline Management Program. The City Development Director is the SEPA Official for environmental review of projects and is the Building Official.
- Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Coordinated planning with Kitsap County and the Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council.
- Land Use Reclassification (Rezones)
- Conditional Use Permits
- Temporary Use Permits
- Subdivision Applications
- Variance Applications
- Short Plat Applications
- Boundary Line Adjustments
- Enforces the 2015 International Building Code and the 2015 Uniform Plumbing Code
- Performs plan reviews and approved building permits