Notary Services for the Public
As a public service, the City of Port Orchard City Clerk's office provides free, limited notary services to the public from 8:00am until 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. No appointment is necessary. Please keep in mind that not all notary services will be provided by the City, and the notary has the authority to refuse to perform a notarial act.
The City of Port Orchard cannot offer any legal advice, prepare notary documents, or provide notary certificates.
One of the following items is required in order for a document to be notarized:
- Driver's license.
- Government-issued identification card.
The following is required in order for a document to be notarized:
- The signing party MUST physically appear before the notary. The City will not notarize documents for someone who is not present.
- If witness signatures are required, the signing party must provide their own witnesses at the time of the notarization. Witnesses are required to show valid identification as listed above.
- The signing party must sign of their own free will.
- Valid identification as listed above is required.
- The notary certificate is required to be provided to the notary as part of the document(s) to be signed. If a notary certificate is not provided, the signing party must acquire a certificate. The City will not provide a notary certificate.
The City will not notarize the below documents:
- Electronic documents.
- Extensive and complex documents.
True & Correct Copies
The City does not provide notary services for true and correct documents for the public.
For more information on the laws of Notary Public's in Washington State, see Chapter 42.45 the Washington State Revised Uniform Law on Notarial Acts.