Social Media Disclaimer
Port Orchard Social Media Disclaimer
The purpose of the Port Orchard Police Department’s participation in social media is to enhance communication, collaboration, and information exchange, and transparency, streamlines processes and foster productivity. The Port Orchard Police Department endorses the secure use of social media to enhance and support City programs goals and objectives.
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by the Port Orchard Police Department of any fan posts, links, or photos. Site administrators/writers/fans are fully responsible for the content they submit. Opinions expressed by site administrators/writers/fans are not the opinions of the Port Orchard Police Department.
All posted content or content submitted for posting is subject to public disclosure.
Comments are important to us and others who read these pages. As our community includes people of all ages and backgrounds, this disclaimer is intended to ensure that all posted comments are appropriate for all ages, courteous and respectful of others, and related to matters, activities, programs, policies, and/or operations relevant to the Port Orchard Police Department.
The Port Orchard Police Department reserves the right to delete postings that are inconsistent with the policies in this disclaimer, including, but not limited to comments that contain the following prohibited words, text, or information:
● Defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or
otherwise offensive language.
● Sexual content or links to sexual content.
● Solicitations or advertisements, including promotion or endorsement of any financial,
commercial or non-governmental agency.
● Attempts to defame or defraud any individual(s) or organizations.
● Posts or comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
● Viruses or similar harmful programs, including spam and similar content.
● Proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the
owner. Copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery not owned by the user.
● Comments on matters unrelated to activities of the Port Orchard Police Department.
● Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, public officials, or
● Information that violates a local, state, or national law or suggests or encourages illegal
Users participate at the own risk, and are personally responsible for their own comments, username, and any information provided. Although the Port Orchard Police Department welcomes comments consistent with this disclaimer, to protect personal privacy, users should not disclose personally identifiable information. The Port Orchard Police Department reserves the right to block users and/or delete comments that are inconsistent with this disclaimer.